Dear [Customer’s/Member’s First Name],
We are excited to announce that we are converting to a new core banking system starting on [INSERT DATE] through [INSERT DATE]. We decided to change our core system so we may continue to provide you with safe, secure products and services all while utilizing the newest technology.
While our core conversion will mostly be happening behind the scenes, there will be times where it will affect some of the services you may use. We will keep you up-to-date on when and what will be affected so that you will be prepared. We also want to provide you with more information on what a core conversion is and why we are doing it.
Core Conversion FAQs
Q: What is a core processing system?
A: Our core processing system, also known as a core system, is the software that manages our major banking functions. These functions include:
- Opening and managing accounts
- Originating and serving loans
- Processing cash deposits and withdrawals
- Maintaining account holder information
- Processing transactions
- And more
Q: Why is [FINANCIAL INSTITUTION’S NAME] upgrading its core system?
A: In an effort to improve our services, efficiency, and accommodate growth, we are upgrading our core system. Our new core system will allow us to offer you more capabilities, offerings, and enhance your experience with us.
Q: Will business hours change during the core conversion process?
A: [INSERT TIME AND DAYS THAT WILL BE IMPACTED BY CORE CONVERSION PROCESS]
Safety and Security FAQs
Q: Will my account and financial information stay secure during the core conversion process?
A: Yes, keeping your information secure and private is a top priority for us. The core conversion process will not compromise your safety or the safety of your information in any way.
Q: Will my funds be safe and secure?
A: Your funds will remain safe and secure. All accounts are fully insured by [INSERT FDIC OR NCUA] for up to $250,000.
Q: Will I have access to my funds during the conversion?
A: [INSERT WHEN ACCOUNTS WILL BE IMPACTED, WHAT WILL BE IMPACTED, AND HOW LONG THEY WILL BE IMPACTED]
Q: Will my account number and checking account number change?
A: [INSERT HOW THEIR ACCOUNT NUMBER(S) AND CHECKING ACCOUNT NUMBER WILL BE IMPACTED (IF AT ALL)]
Q: What services will not be affected by the core conversion process?
A: The following services will function normally during our conversion process:
- [INSERT PRODUCTS AND SERVICES NOT IMPACTED BY CORE CONVERSION – Ex: Credit cards]
- [INSERT PRODUCTS AND SERVICES NOT IMPACTED BY CORE CONVERSION – Ex: Debit cards]
- [INSERT PRODUCTS AND SERVICES NOT IMPACTED BY CORE CONVERSION – Ex: Remote deposit capture]
Benefits and Changes FAQs
Q: How will the new core benefit me as a [INSERT CUSTOMER OR MEMBER]?
A: With our new core, we will operate more efficiently and be able to provide you with more services. After [INSERT CONVERSION COMPLETION DATE], we will have several improved or new services available to you. These include:
- [INSERT LIST OF IMPROVED OR NEW ITEMS THAT WILL BENEFIT ACCOUNT HOLDERS - Ex: Expanded Wire Transfer Capability]
- [INSERT LIST OF IMPROVED OR NEW ITEMS THAT WILL BENEFIT ACCOUNT HOLDERS - Ex: Enhanced Bill Pay]
- [INSERT LIST OF IMPROVED OR NEW ITEMS THAT WILL BENEFIT ACCOUNT HOLDERS – Ex. New Business Bill Pay]
Q: What will change after the core conversion?
A: [INSERT A LIST OF THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS AFFECTED BY THE CORE CONVERSION – Ex: Online banking will have a new log-in process / our mobile app has a new look and feel.]
Q: Do I need to do anything to prepare for the core conversion?
A: [EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU COULD INCLUDE] –
While most of the core conversion process will take place behind the scenes, there are a few things you can do. We recommend:
- Taking note of when the conversion is taking place. We will keep you informed throughout the whole process via letters, social media, and on our website.
- Adjusting your recurring Online Bill Pay payments before [FIRST DAY OF CORE CONVERSION] (since Online Bill Pay will be affected by the conversion).
- Making a small withdrawal from one of our branches or one of our ATMs to make sure you have some cash on hand (since there will be some system limitations during this time).
- Download your e-statements. All of your transaction history will no longer be available after the core conversion. We recommend printing a year’s worth of statements for your records.
- Make sure all of your information is still correct. Please contact us at [INSERT PHONE NUMBER] if you have any new information or would like to check your current information.
We have also put together a core conversion to-do list for your convenience. It can be found on our website.
We are looking forward to the new changes, and we hope you are too. If you have any questions, we encourage you to contact us at [INSERT PHONE NUMBER], visit our website at [INSERT WEBSITE URL], and “Like” us on Facebook. We will be available [INSERT DAYS AND HOURS ACCOUNT HOLDERS CAN CALL]. You may also come into any of our branches. Our staff has been trained and is prepared to answer any questions you may have.
[Bank or Credit Union Name]
- License: Free for Commercial Use
- Product/Service: System Conversion
- Note: Compliance related items not included, as they differ for banks and credit unions.